Thursday, February 17, 2011

Salute!


It is time to don a frock and pop the champagne I think. I had another meeting (not so nail biting this time) with my PhD supervisor yesterday and I now have a thesis statement (and the crowd goes wild with applause)!

If you have been following for a little while you will know I am six months into my PhD and have started writing it - but I didn't have a fully formed thesis statement (shocked silence from the crowd)!

I had my topic, my theorists, my poets etc etc,  but not the ever evasive "thesis statement", which is better explained actually as a thesis question (the question I am supposed to be answering in 60 to 80 thousand words). So I have been busy researching, note taking, writing literature reviews and annotated bibliographies and working on crafting my thesis question - and now I have it (collective sigh)!

Champagne, wine or spirit, tea or coffee; let's raise our glasses in celebration. Cheers! Saltue! Slainte!

3 comments:

  1. Firstly, congratulations! :) Secondly, I want that green dress :) Kx

    p.s. I've always worked that way... couldn't ever form my statement until I'd worked through the body of the piece first. So, it sounds perfectly normal to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It looks like an amusing party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for an accomplished task. But what happened to your whole thesis paper? I'm pretty sure you were able to complete it. Just in case you will be needing some advice or help in the future, you can take a look at thesis help desk for some of valuable insights.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...