Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy International Women's Day...



The 8th of March is International Women's Day and the theme for this year's centenary celebration is:

"Equal access to education, training and science and technology: Pathway to decent work for women"

Reflecting on that theme, as someone who has been a teacher and who has also been in tertiary education for ten years, I think of how much I value education and lifelong learning. I also know how fortunate I have been to be able to have access to, and opportunities for, undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Not everyone everywhere is so fortunate, we still have a long way to go.

2 comments:

  1. Yah! Absolutely and completely - too many forget what it used to be like.
    Have fun tonight, Fiona. We won't see you unfortunately - just realised big girl going on camp tomorrow and we have to pack etc (such a slack mother!) Hope it's a good night :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me, I think I totally take for granted the education I have been able to have. x

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...