Monday, April 11, 2011

Today PM...

Okay, so the vino at lunch was wishful thinking, but the PhD Prospectus presentation today went well, I think. I started with a poem, had a PowerPoint slide show and a short video clip to help maintain interest, as well as a hand out. I know I spoke a little too fast at times, but I resisted the temptation of running from the room. So overall, I count it as a minor victory.

Time now to pack for Sydney and get that vino...

PS. Excitement and terror has given way to relief, such an underrated feeling.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We knew you would do a wonderful job and I'm sure that when you thought you were going too quickly, everyone else would have read that as your excitement about your subject matter.

    The power point and handout were amusing and informative and a point of difference from the other presentations today.

    We are all so very proud of you and all your academic achievements. This is yet another feather in your cap. Enjoy your relief and your vino.

    Dad says 'And the crowd went WILD!'

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Mum says another step in the right direction, Dad says another brick in the wall.

    Cohen says Non non!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Fiona! Have fun in Sydney :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a totally underrated feeling - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Have a nice trip to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Fiona. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...