Monday, January 2, 2012

The Adventure Begins...


I arrived in Canberra tonight. My sister and her little boy visited this morning to say goodbye and Dylan waved me off when the taxi came to collect me this afternoon. The scholarship is exciting, but a little nerve racking, and it was sad to say goodbye to Dylan and Christina for six weeks. I am staying on campus at the Australian National University and tomorrow morning someone from the National Library is going to come and pick up the scholarship holders and take us for our first day at the library. And so the adventure begins...

4 comments:

  1. good luck Fiona.. Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic start to the new year for you Fiona! I like your new quarters. I will send you some pictures to pretty up those walls. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will find the experience rewarding as well as helpful.Don't forget to catch up with your new rellies. Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, looks like you are at University House ... minutes from my old workplace and where I regularly lunched. Gorgeous grounds. Have a great time ... and will be in touch in a week or so re a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...