Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Two...

Patrick White's glasses in National Treasures exhibition. Image via.

Currently at the National Libray, sitting in my little office and slowly swamping myself with books, typscripts, audio of interviews and manuscript guides. PhD research heaven. To get books and audio I just put requests through on the computer and then a little while later go and collect them from just around the corner. And for the manuscripts I pop in a form at the manuscripts desk two levels up and then go back later to sit and read through the materials and take notes or photographs of the pertinent things. I have been poping in all manner of requests to keep me busy for the rest of the week (and probably next week too).

4 comments:

  1. Special privileges to be sure. :)

    Reminds me of what I do with my local library! I browse the catalogue online and order my books, they send me a text message when they are ready to be picked up. So I can still make a weekly trip to the library with a three year old and no tantrums.

    Though I'm sure our reading materials are quite different...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must think you have arrived in heaven.Or maybe like a kid in a lolly shop.Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful building, beautiful location. I hope you find all that you want/need. Are you in the Petherick Room area?

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...