Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's New Years Day...

and my New Year's resolution is to write, write, write this year.

Original plan of Canberra found here.

Tomorrow I fly to Canberra for the six week Summer Scholarship at the National Library in Canberra. It is very exciting. I've been packing my suitcase and the house. Our lease runs up this month and the owners want to renovate so Dylan has to move house while I am away - poor thing. We have secured another little cottage not far from the city.

I plan to blog about my experiences at the library and when I get home I plan to just write, write, write! I have carried out and complied many interviews with the poets I am researching, I have files and folders of reviews, poems, letters, essays and articles etc. I am looking forward to being able to add to this during my time in Canberra and then concentrating on writing chapters for the next twelve months.

Do you have any New Year's resolutions, literary or otherwise?

2 comments:

  1. So exciting about your scholarship Fiona! Happy New Year :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss you my dear. Six weeks without you shall be strange indeed. And then you shall come home in time to be an Aunty again!

    No new resolutions for me, just a reminder of the everyday ones - simply, be grateful, love, read, make.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...