Sunday, January 8, 2012

National War Memorial...

National War Memorial, Canberra 

Inside the dome above the unknown soldier  

George 

Simpson and his donkey sculpture

I went to the War Memorial today with some of the scholars and some Canberra based friends, it was an interesting and somber experience. The last time I was there was when my family came down for the opening of the Vietnam Veteran's memorial and I was about twelve years old. Today I was amazed to discover that the War Memorial gift shop contained a book on Vietnam that contained photographs of and by my Father. It was strange to see him in uniform, clean shaven, and twenty years old. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it should be Simpson and his donkey,Fiona.
    Did you get the book with your Dad in it? Clare

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...