Friday, March 2, 2012

This week...

Emerson Noni Lowry

has seen us welcome into the world a new member of our little families; my twin sister Christina's little baby girl Emerson Noni Lowry. Congratulations to Christina and Dave!

Emerson made her entrance Monday morning and she and Christina are doing well. Her middle name references yours truly and I feel very privileged that Emerson is in part named after me. Noni is a nickname that my first nephew Kaleb bestowed on me when he was little and couldn't say Fiona, needless to say it has stuck and over the years I have become Noni to all of my nieces and nephews (and also to some of my grown up friends).

My PhD and books got put aside this week as I stayed at Christina's house with her three year old boy Cohen while her husband stayed with her at the hospital. We had a wonderful few days of colouring in, shopping for the baby, going to play group and visiting the hospital. Cohen adores his new little sister and has been loving all the visitors coming to see the baby. My only regret is that Emerson's maternal grandparents have chosen to absent themselves from our lives since my wedding in September and have missed out on this wonderful time.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aunty! It is wonderful news and a fabulous name. Lovely that you had quality time with Cohen too. :) Kx

    p.s. I know Christina has hinted about the situation re family on facebook but I am seriously shocked at the details. Thinking of you both and hoping a reconciliation comes soon before too much damage is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our thanks and love again for all the little and big things you have been doing darling sister. From helping pack my hospital bag to looking after a toddler with a tummy bug, you have been simply amazing. I look forward to one day repaying the favor. xx

    PS. They made it clear that the situation was unresolvable the last time we spoke and they've not spoken to me since. The damage seems to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Aunty Noni! She's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you all, she is the most beautiful baby girl and I can't wait to meet her.

    Re: The grandparents - Sadly we don't have any control over the choices others make, luckily little Emerson Noni's life will be filled with loads of love regardless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A boy and a girl. How lovely. Big congrats to your sister. And a lovely name too. I used to think I never had much luck (poor, little, comfortably off middle-class me, eh?) but when I produced a boy and a girl I felt I'd won the lottery and would never complain again! There's just over 3 years between our two and they are, and have always been, the greatest of mates.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments...